Lions Krav Maga instructors are qualified to provide trauma-informed, empowerment-based coaching in defensive tactics & fitness conditioning. We do not claim to be doctors, clinicians, therapists, lawyers, or law enforcement professionals, so nothing a Lions staff person says or any opinions a Lions staff person shares should be construed as medical, therapeutic, or legal advice. We encourage students to seek advice in those fields from qualified professionals. We have compiled a list of a few resources as a place to start, but as always, do your own research & find what’s best for you.
MEDICAL CARE FOR MUSCULOSKELETAL ISSUES
- The Joint Chiropractic – Walk-in clinic with flexible hours, including evenings and weekends. Chiropractic adjustments focus on alleviating symptoms that affect the musculoskeletal system, such as aches and pain, muscle stiffness, neck or back tweaks, or chronic conditions. Several locations are across the Austin area. First treatment is $29. No appointment necessary.
- Airrosti – Providers help diagnose & treat the most common musculoskeletal & joint conditions. They treat chronic back pain, acute sports/athletic injuries like pulls and strains, as well as repetitive stress/wear & tear injuries like tendonitis, frozen shoulder, & carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Performance Therapy Group – A clinic offering chiropractic care, sports therapy, and rehabilitation services.
- RegenHealth & Wellness – A wellness clinic that treats chronic pain and musculoskeletal issues using hormone therapy treatments and regenerative medicine.
- Center for Healing and Regenerative Medicine (CHARM) – CHARM offers comprehensive and integrated non-surgical solutions to relieve pain, promote tissue repair, and recovery of function for individuals with musculoskeletal pain, orthopedic injuries, and degenerative joint conditions. They offer physical therapy and regenerative medicine treatment options.
RESOURCES FOR MENTAL HEALTH / TRAUMA SUPPORT
- 2-1-1 Texas/United Way Navigation Center – 2-1-1 is a free phone number available 24/7 that connects callers anywhere in Texas with health and human service providers. This service provides information on resources for housing, transportation, clothing, physical and mental health care, child care, education, employment, counseling, government resources, volunteer opportunities, disaster information, and many other resources.
- Capital Area Counseling – Psychological counseling for individual adults, couples, families, and children. Group therapy is also available. Sliding fee scale based on income. Appointments are available 7 days a week, with evening appointments M-F.
- SAFE Alliance – The SAFE Alliance serves the survivors of child abuse, sexual assault and exploitation, and domestic violence. They provide services such as emergency housing, victim support & advocacy, as well as prevention & education programs.
- Integral Care – Services include a 24-hour helpline for anyone who needs immediate support, ongoing counseling to improve mental health, drug, and alcohol treatment to help with recovery and housing to regain health and independence.
Comments are closed.