Benefits to Krav Junior Training Over the Summer
During the school season, teachers, assistants, and counselors are focused on helping your children learn and grow. But what happens during the summer season when these people are not around?? It makes sense that as a parent you would want your child to maintain their growth and development over the summer and prevent your child from losing the skills they gained over the last school year. This includes growth and development in the following areas:
One of the very best options to keep your child’s mind and body active is through training in a solid martial arts program such as Krav Junior. Whether your child is currently active in Krav Junior and you are considering giving them a break from training over the summer, or you are seeking some sort of activity to get your child involved in, consider the benefits of Krav Junior training over the summer before you make a decision.
To make your job easier, we have selected four of the top benefits and provided an overview of each one below.
The benefits that we are going to cover in this report are:
- Krav Junior prevents weight gain!
- Krav Junior prevents summer learning loss!
- Krav Junior improves emotional stability!
- Krav Junior improves social interaction!
Let’s get started!
Benefit 1: Krav Junior can help prevent unhealthy weight gain!
Although it can appear like children are more active over the summer, the lack of structure in physical activities tends to contribute to weight gain. Even just 1-2 hours per week of structured physical activity over the summer can have a snowball effect on their physical activities at home! Krav Junior is so much fun that children actually enjoy the physical workouts even during the summertime!
Did you know?
- Children gain weight nearly twice as fast over the summer because they are snacking more often, many times out of boredom or lack of supervision. At the same time, many children are also less active over the summer because they sleep in longer, watch TV longer, play video games longer, etc.
- Krav Junior includes fun daily classroom activities that boost physical development. In fact, children who train in Krav Junior practice more at home over the summer since they have more free time to do so! This means they will enter the new school year in better physical shape than the previous school year!
Benefit 2: Krav Junior can help prevent summer learning loss!
Many people have an image of summer being a carefree happy time where “kids can be kids,” and take for granted the benefits of enriching experiences from organized activities. Even just 1-2 hours per week in a structured program can make a tremendous difference in a child’s intellectual development over the summer. Krav Junior provides these benefits in a manner that is also fun so that kids can still be kids and not lose that carefree and happy summer lifestyle.
Did you know?
- Since the modern school year began, researchers have noticed that summer vacation is a period when children’s brain development declines relative to the school year. In fact, studies have shown that children score much lower on standardized tests when they enter the new school season compared to the same tests taken at the end of the previous school year.
- Krav Junior includes daily classroom activities to boost intellectual stimulation over the summer. In fact, children who train over the summer also tend to progress even faster because their brains are not bogged down after a long day of academic learning. This means that children can actually enter the next school year even more intellectually prepared than when they left for the summer break, because their working memory and fluid intelligence have expanded to a whole new level of development!
Benefit 3: Krav Junior training can improve emotional stability!
When the school year ends, children lose a lot of key contributors that boost confidence, such as participating in group activities, successfully achieving something that’s challenging, and recognition from role models and peers. This leads to lower self esteem when entering the back-to-school season. Krav Junior provides a great environment for building children’s emotional development in a manner that is positive and productive by providing these key contributors!
Did you know?
- Children that lose self-esteem over the summer enter the new school season with many fears associated with making new friends, meeting new teachers, and bullying.
- Krav Junior includes daily classroom activities that strengthen children’s emotional outlook. In fact, children that are more confident enter the new school season excited about all of the wonderful opportunities that school has to offer!
Benefit 4: Krav Junior improves social stability!
Following rules is an important social skill that children develop as a result of schooling and other structured activities. Over the summer, there are fewer rules that children have to follow, including implicit rules about appropriate peer-to-peer interaction, and this can lead to stagnation in their social development. Krav Junior bolsters children’s social development during class by providing structured games and activities that involve explicit and implicit social rules. Those lessons carry over into their home life and into their school life during the next school year.
Did you know?
- Children who do not have structured, developmentally appropriate social interaction over the summer tend to misbehave when they enter the new school season. Also, children who do not have sufficient positive social engagement with peers and role models over the summer tend to enter the new school season with more anxiety.
- Krav Junior includes daily classroom activities that boost social development. In fact, children who participate in structured training programs during the summer tend to score higher on behavioral & social skills assessments at the beginning of the school year. Additionally, there is a strong correlation between high scores on social skills benchmarks and high scores on academic tests, and that’s pretty awesome!
Summer Training Rules!
The summer can be a wonderful opportunity to help your child not only enjoy a break from school, but at the same time become a better version of themselves as they prepare to enter the new school year. What parent would not want to see their child start school physically, intellectually, emotionally, and socially stronger? Krav Junior training might very well be the best investment you make over the summer!