Why Teach Krav Maga to Children?
Krav Maga is a fun way for children to get active and get moving, and that is only one of the many benefits that Lions Krav Maga can bring to your family! Read on for more ways that our Krav Junior classes can contribute to your kids’ health and happiness!
- Fostering Self-Discipline – One of the central tenets of Krav Maga is self-discipline. In today’s world of 140 character tweets and on-demand everything, kids are accustomed to instant gratification. Lessons in self-control and discipline that are still fun and engaging aren’t always easy to come by! Kids in the Krav Junior program are continually reminded of how essential self-discipline is, and parents get to go home with some fun new ways to encourage self-discipline at home!
- Boosting Socialization Skills – Kids who don’t always thrive in highly social environments may find it easier to get to know people and make new friends when they’re in a room filled with peers who share a common interest. The kids on the playground may not always have much common ground, but kids that enjoy the same hobby are able to get to know one another through shared activities and pursuits. Partner-driven activities also foster camaraderie, as it involves building skills together.
- Increasing Self-Esteem – Confidence comes with achievement, so your child’s self-esteem level will get a boost with every new move he or she masters and every belt he or she earns. Kids who struggle with a low sense of self-worth usually become more confident as their skills progress.
- Instilling Respect – Learning Krav Maga will require your child to show respect to his or her instructor, parents, and training partners. When they come to class, your child will be learning lessons in respect along with new moves.
- Learning Conflict Resolution Skills – Krav Maga is first and foremost a system of self defense. The entire purpose of the system is so that you and your family can go home safe. In Krav Junior, your child will learn how to de-escalate conflicts in the safest possible way while emphasizing the importance of avoiding a physical altercation.
- Improving Listening Skills – In order to master the skills they are being taught, students will have to exercise superior listening skills. Kids who aren’t always adept when it comes to paying attention to what they’re told can benefit from the verbal instruction and one-on-one work in these classes.
- Developing Teamwork Skills – Whether they’re learning a new combative technique, playing fitness games, or learning how to escape a chokehold, there are few things that your children will do in Krav Junior classes that will be done on their own. Working together to learn new things and accomplish goals is an important life lesson for everyone to learn, and Krav Junior can help put that lesson in a fun context.
- Improvement in Other Areas of Life – The benefits of Krav Maga training don’t end in the gym. The boost in confidence, increased fitness level, and new cooperation skills will also help your children navigate the academic and social aspects of school, affect their behavior at home, and have an all-around good influence on them as they develop into happy, healthy adults!