Tentative Soft Reopening May 18
- Soft reopening May 18 (tentative) for adult classes only
- 3 in-person classes per week at limited capacity & with safety protocols in place
- Virtual training will continue via Facebook Live and Zoom
- New virtual grading process will begin next week
As of today, Lions Krav Maga is planning to begin hosting in-person classes beginning on Monday, May 18th for students age 13+. When we reopen, we will be running a modified schedule and class structure that is very different from what our students are used to in order to ensure that we are going above and beyond to provide as safe an environment as possible for those who decide they are ready to return to training.
Please bear in mind that this is a new experience for all of us. Thus, we have decided to share the reopening date as only a tentative plan. We will continue to monitor the data and make adjustments on a week-by-week basis. If we see a spike in Austin COVID-19 cases, we reserve the right to adjust the reopening date as necessary.
Upon reopening, we will have the following limited in-person schedule so as to best monitor and learn how we can safely & effectively manage the process.
- Monday, 6:30-7:30pm with Jason – Krav Maga 1+ (limit 12)
- Wednesday, 6:30-7:15pm with Dave – Heavy Bag (limit 6)
- Saturday, 11am-12pm with Jason – Krav Maga 1+ (limit 12)
If you are planning to attend in-person classes, or if you are interested in our protocols for in-gym training, please click HERE to view the details on all of our plans.
We will also continue offering virtual classes! Additionally, starting on May 18th, we will be posting videos of the classes in the Member’s Only Online Streaming Facebook group as well as in our on-demand class library on our website so that our active members may access those classes at any time.
Here is our virtual class schedule starting May 18th.
- Monday, 6pm – Combos & Cardio with Eddy via Facebook Live in the Online Streaming group
- Tuesday, 6pm – Krav Maga Solo with Thomas via Zoom
- Wednesday, 6pm – Krav Maga Solo with Thomas via Zoom
- Thursday, 6pm – Combos & Cardio with Maxine via Facebook Live in the Online Streaming group
- Friday, 6pm – Combos & Cardio with Courtney via Facebook Live in the Online Streaming group
- Saturday, 10am – Advanced Fight Tactics with Adrian via Zoom
- Saturday, 11am – Krav Maga Solo with Claire via Zoom
- Sunday, 12:30pm — Fight Church Combos with Leah via Zoom
In addition to our virtual classes, we have the following options for online training:
- Weekly Grappling Videos – We will be posting weekly videos of standing grappling, takedowns, and groundwork flows in our member’s only Facebook group and on our website that you can practice at home.
- Virtual Grading – We will post a calendar of weekly techniques for each belt level. Take a short video of you performing the techniques for your level, upload it to YouTube or Vimeo, and email the link to katie.lionskravmaga@gmailcom. Katie & Jason will be grading the videos each Friday afternoon and will announce any new belt awards in the Lions Krav Maga Message Board Facebook group and via email on Friday evenings.
- Virtual Library – We now have a virtual library of technique videos as well as virtual classes on-demand. Click HERE to access them. Active members will receive a password each month that will be required to access the virtual libraries.
As business owners, this public health crisis has forced us to massively overhaul our business in a matter of weeks. Some of that has led to some pretty exciting innovations, and some has led to some incredibly tough choices.
Deciding when and how to reopen was one of the more nuanced and challenging decisions that we have had to make since we opened. We had to carefully balance our desire to keep our students and staff safe with our duty to respect each individual’s freedom to make personal decisions about their own wellbeing. As Americans, we have the freedom of choice; what is right for one person may not the same as what is right for another.
We are happy to be able to provide a space for those who wish to continue training in-person. If you do not feel comfortable with returning to in-person training yet, that’s okay too! We are happy to continue providing training in multiple formats to suit all of our students’ needs.